Terminalia Chebula, commonly known as black- or chebulic myrobalan, is a species of Terminalia, native to India and other South Asian countries. In Ayurveda, Haritaki is said to be the mother of all herbs for its many health benefits. The Haritaki tree can be about 30 meters high. The fruit of the tree is usually harvested between November and March. The fruit has a slightly bitter, astringent taste and has many medicinal properties.
In India, myrobalan is also called Haritaki. Haritaki means, “that which cleans and enhances the glow of the skin.” That is the etymological breakdown. The basic idea is that Haritaki is that fruit, which helps, regulate many diseases from the body and brings a luster and shine to the skin. A fairly formidable fruit Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) is one of the best herbs for balancing vata dosha. Supporting the body's innate cleansing process, it gently removes accumulated natural toxins in the gastrointestinal tract. As a rejuvenating, it helps strengthen and nourish the tissues and supports the proper function of the colon, lungs, liver, and spleen. Haritaki is traditionally used as a remedy for all vata-related imbalances. It maintains regular elimination, helps promote healthy body mass, and supports comfortable and complete digestion.
100% Organic Haritaki powder. No fillers, binders or common allergens. No artificial colours or preservation added. No heavy metals. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Green Trading Haritaki Helps Supports:
- The gallic acid present in Haritaki kills the E. Coli bacteria in the intestine. It helps prevents stomach infection, kills worms and boosts the activities of the liver and the spleen.
- The tannin present in the fruit helps in detoxification. It is also used as a laxative. It helps in eliminating constipation, purifies the digestive system and helps in eliminating the harmful substances produced from metabolism.
- The chebulic and neo-chebulic acid present in the fruits of Haritaki plant act as an anti-oxidant. It helps prevents toxicity of the liver caused as a side effect of some medicines and helps prevents harmful free radicals from the body.
- Regular consumption of Haritaki will help in the reduction of skin problems. Grounded Haritaki, when applied over the skin, will help soothing acne, sunburns, rashes, eczema etc.
- Haritaki is helpful for tackling obesity. It cleanses the stomach, aids in the digestion, assimilation, and metabolism of food in the stomach and helps in increasing the metabolic rate and energy expenditure of the body. By boosting the secretion of bile, Haritaki helps in the mobilization of the stored fat in the body. It also keeps the appetite under control. For those who have successfully reduced their weight by diet and exercise, consumption of Haritaki helps them to keep to their ideal weight.
Green Trading Haritaki Powder Dose:
We recommend that you play with the dosage amount you take. We recommend that you start with small amounts, 1/2 teaspoon taken at night, and then increase until you can take a large teaspoon each night. If you react strongly to the Haritaki, reduce the amount taken until you reach an amount that works for you. Leave at least two hours of a gap after your meal. The reason to take at night is to cleanse the system so that you have a strong bowel movement in the morning. This cleansing and emptiness lead to greater energy, clarity, awareness during the day. (Must keep at least 2 hours gap after food).