- Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
- Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
- Certified Organic Castor Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
I know what you’re thinking…. “How on earth is oil going to clean my face? I’ll just end up with a breakout.”. Fact: Oil dissolves oil and one of the most basic principals of chemistry is that “like dissolves like”. So, since our skin is made up of oils, everytime we use a cream or foamy cleanser we are stripping all the necessary oils from our skin.
The best way to dissolve a non-polar solvent like sebum/oil, is by using another non-polar solvent similar in composition: Other oils and in particular Jojoba oil which closely mimics the sebum naturally produced by skin and hair.
By cleansing with the right oils and using this method properly and consistently, you can dissolve impurities, dirt and bacteria naturally, gently and effectively from your pores, the dirty oil is replaced with beneficial oils from natural botanicals, vegetables and fruit that will ultimately heal, protect and nourish your skin. Sometimes it can take a week or so for skin to adjust to this change, and you may even see more oily skin or more breakouts during this time as impurities leave the skin, this is called ‘purging’, whereby toxins and hardened impurities are being expelled . If you can, resist the urge to use harsh soaps or facial cleansers during this time, as it will make the adjustment period take longer. The end result will be much more nourished, moisturized and balanced skin that traditional soap and detergent based facial cleaners just can not achieve.
Nourishing Oil Cleanser
How to use
- Pump a 50 cents piece size of cleansing oil onto fingers and using both hands rub gently in circular motions to warm before applying to face.
- Use smooth circular strokes and let this also be a gentle facial massage. Massage for at least a minute (two minutes is better) or until you are sure that the oil has saturated your skin. This will help dissolve the stale oils within your pores, drive out dirt and grime, it also will remove make-up very effectively, so there is no need to remove make-up first.
- Now place a clean washcloth, our microfibre face cloth works wonderfully, under very hot tap water until it is completely soaked and quickly wring it out. Open it and place over your face. You’re gently steaming your face at this step to remove the oils and any impurities in the skin. Leave the wash cloth on for about a minute, or until it cools. Repeat if needed with the other side of the washcloth.
- Finally, Using the washcloth remove any oil residue from your face. Remove by pressing the damp washcloth into the skin.
Full List of ingredients and how they benefit your skin
- Certified Organic Jojoba Oil – A balancing, stable oil, provides lasting hydration, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, plant sterols, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and combats free radicals. It has vitamin E, vitamin B complex, silicon, chromium, copper, zinc and iodine which gives it it’s power to heal. It contains 3 fatty acids; erucic, gadoleic and oleic. Is rich in proteins; albumins and globulins which have similar amino acid compositions to our skin sebum.
- Certified Organic Rosehip Oil – Is full of Vitamin A (Alltrans retinoic acid), particularly beta carotene. Antioxidants; vitamin C & E to fight free radicals. Rich in oleic, palmitic, linoleic, and gamma linolenic acid (GLA) as well as essential fatty acids such as vitamin F. It reduces depth of wrinkles, regenerative, lighten age spots, increases collagen, essential fatty acids(omega 3 & omega 6), improves elasticity, texture and appearance.
- Certified Organic Castor oil – Is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory good for reducing acne. The Ricinoleic acid can inhibit growth of the bacterial that causes acne. Is rich in fatty acids; Rincinoleic acid, Oleic acid, Linoleic acid and a-Linolenic acid. Enhances smoothness and softness of skin. Omega 6 & 9, vitamin E, boosts the production of collagen and is hydrating. Full of fatty acid binding proteins (amino acids) to deliver the goodness deep into the skin.
- Lavender essential oil – Is very soothing, it also works well as a toner, reducing pore size and tightening the skin. Full of anti-oxidants and prevents wrinkles.
- Rosemary essential oil – Is a natural preservative and antiseptic, tightening the skin, and protects skin cells from damage caused by sun and free radicals.
- Sweet Orange essential oil – Increases the ability for your skin to absorb vitamin C, collagen production and blood flow which are all essential for good skin.
To preserve the life of this product, keep out of sunlight and damp areas. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth. If irritation occurs, discontinue use. Keep out of reach of children. Products may contain oils and butters from natural nuts, seeds and fruits, if you have allergies please read the list of ingredients carefully, we always advise to do a patch test first to ensure there is no reaction.