Certified by OK Compost (Industrial) and FDA.
It takes six months in an industrial composting environment to get completely decomposed (HOME composting environment may take more than six months)
Size: 300mm x 30M
Material: PLA / PBAT
What is PBAT?
1. PBAT is petrochemical-based, 100% of carbon material. 100% of carbon material has no residue after degradation!
2. PBAT raw materials are collected in coal gangue and natural gas and synthesised from the polymer. It is not extracted directly from petroleum! We are now also recycling the carbon dioxide emitted from factories into biodegradable materials.
3. Compared with other non-degradable materials, its molecular structure is looser, and its molecular weight is lower. The most important is that small molecules are connected by ester bonds, which are easy to break under the condition of the presence of water. The tiny particles can be swallowed by microorganisms and finally degraded.
4. PBAT that is added to make the product degrade quickly enough to meet the home and industrial compostability criteria.
What is PLA?
1. Polylactic acid - PLA is derived from renewable resources; some of the raw materials used for PLA’s production include corn starch, tapioca roots, or sugarcane.
2. Carbon-neutral: its renewable sources actually absorb carbon. It does not release toxic fumes when oxygenated.
3. PLA plastic is recognised as safe by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Additionally, it is safe for all food packaging applications.
4. Its non-toxicity has allowed its incorporation in medical applications.